From: Wong, Shin Guey (shin.guey.wong_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-14 23:22:03

Hi all,

This is my first email to this list; please point me out if I done
anything wrong in this mail like the title format or etc...

I am a newbie to the Boost library. I am really interesting on the usage
of the Boost preprocessor library. I would like to archive 1 of the
thing but I am not sure whether it is possible with Boost preprocessor
library:

            Converting the binary number to hexadecimal or decimal value

Eg: BIN2HEX(011) -> 0x3 or BIN2DEC(011) -> 3

      BIN2HEX(1111) -> 0xf or BIN2DEC(1111) -> 15

I had read the
C-Template-Metaprogramming-Concepts-Tools-and-Techniques-from-Boost-and-
Beyond-C-in-Depth-Series which tell me how to archive that using
template. But what I really want is to done it with the preprocessor
without using any template which will not affect the run time but only
the compile time.

I know that I can use the loop and the arithmetic function from the
Boost library but how do I get the binary number characters count, eg.
COUNT(011) -> 3 or COUNT(0111) -> 4. So that I can use this count with
loop and the arithmetic function to perform the conversion from binary
to hexadecimal or decimal.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shin Guey