From: Niko Vuokko (niko.vuokko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-15 19:00:50

Hi,

I have a similar (though n00b-like) problem with 1.35 linking.
I compiled 1.35 from Cygwin shell with

./configure --with-libraries=... --without-icu --prefix=...
make
make install

It generated libraries like (the two dll.a are identical)

boost_regex-gcc34-mt-1_35.dll
libboost_regex-gcc34-mt-1_35.dll.a
libboost_regex-gcc34-mt.dll.a

I understood (is this right?) that dll's here are the shared libs and
dll.a's are static libs, but why the extensions? Furthermore I can't
link with these, not with -lboost... or -llibboost... or whatever.
Could someone push me in the right direction? I was able to link
with 1.33-r1 binaries installed from Cygwin's repo.

niko