From: Pavlo Korzhyk (pavlo.korzhyk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-16 12:09:16

> It's not there. boost::archive works sequentially on a stream and that's
> it, so if you need to skip large portions of data you will have to
> divide your data into multiple files and/or multiple chunks in one
> stream. I did the latter and it works fine if you build some kind of
> meta-information structure on where chunks begin and end. This enables
> you to seek a specific chunk of data and process that with an archive.
>
> In any case, if you want to improve performance of your app use
> (portable) binary instead of xml archives!

You could take a look at http://code.google.com/p/hiberlite
It will do what you need storing objects in sqlite database.
There were no new releases for a couple of months, but I'll return to this
project in a week.

And there are _already_ enough features to solve the "selective access" problem.

Yours sincerely, Pavlo Korzhyk

ICQ#155870780