From: Vikram Saxena (fixedincomequant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-16 15:58:55

I am trying to use the circular_buffer template from Boost (version 1.35.0)
with VS 2008 (msvc-9.0). I initially downloaded the compiled libraries from
boostconsulting. However when I linked against them, I got a link error that
(__imp___wassert not found )whenever I used an iterator. A search on the web
revealed this problem seems to occur when the version of MSVC used to
compile is different from the one used to link. I then decided to do a local
compile using the basic bjam command with the toolset pointing to msvc-9.0.
However I still get the same error; I have confirmed that VS is picking up
boost libraries from the locally compiled location. The error does not
happen in the Release mode.

For the time being I am working around the problem by disabling assertion
via a compile time flag which forces all boost asserts to (void)0.

I will appreciate any thoughts on how to overcome this problem without
disabling asserts.

-Vikram