From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-16 17:17:27

On Jul 16, 2008, at 4:32 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:

> Daryle Walker wrote:
[SNIP]
>> I guess for multiple inheritance, one would serialize all the
>> (direct) base classes.
>
> yep
>
>> Do they have to be in declaration order?

You didn't answer this one. (Unless the following "correct" is also
for it.)

>> And
>> for a virtual base class, wouldn't _every_ derived class have to
>> serialize it in its code, since a derived class wouldn't know if it's
>> the final type or not?
>
> correct.

Of course, by "every," I meant just the derived classes that directly
mention the virtual base class. But now that I think about it, would
the other classes in the hierarchy need to explicitly serialize the
virtual base class, although it's more of an implementation detail
for them? (This means that one may have to change their
serialization code if a base class adds or removes a virtual grand-
base class.)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie