From: Robert Jones (robertgbjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-19 16:01:59

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 5:31 AM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Lambda can't provide argument_type typedefs in general.
>
> Consider the following:
>
> (_1 == 3)(1.0)
> (_1 == 3)(10)
>
> Both of these are legal. The same function object
> can be called with either a double or an int. There is
> no unique argument type.

Yes, the logic of that is undeniable, so I'm going to backtrack a bit as
somewhere my understanding has gone astray.

What I think I know:

* That boost::lambda::bind( ) creates 'conformant' functors.

What I've assumed from what I know:

* That 'conformant' includes defining the argument_type typedef
* That what is true for bind is also true lambda expressions.

Which of these thing is true?

Thanks, Rob.