From: Christopher Flesher (chris.flesher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-19 23:35:47

Hello,

I am trying to use this boost::graph implicit a-star search using
boost 1.35.0 but have been having some difficulty. There seems to be a
bug in the mutable_queue class where it will try to write to an index
that is not valid:

index_array[ tmp ] = c.size()-1;

It seems someone else had posted an e-mail about this problem about
four months ago. I checked CVS for any recent updates but this code
hasn't been changed in the past 3 years. Anyways I got around this
problem temporarily by adding some code to push indices onto the
index_array until the code doesn't crash... not sure what the side
effects of this would be though.

Anyways after getting that working I find that my cost heuristic is
never getting called! My implicit search basically goes off in the
wrong direction to infinity. Anyways I've attached my test case. I've
tried 2-3 different code samples that try to do this and none of them
have worked so far!

Chris