From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-21 02:22:35

On Jul 20, 2008, at 9:04 PM, David Abrahams wrote:

> on Sun Jul 20 2008, Daryle Walker <darylew-AT-hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think that MPL lists are limited to 20 elements total.
>
> MPL lists are infinitely extensible (at least up to the limitations of
> your compiler.) There are numbered forms for lists of any practical
> length longer than 20 elements, and you can always construct longer
> lists by catenating them. However, it's nearly always more
> efficient to
> use MPL vector than MPL list.

I meant "list" in a generic sense. (I actually did start with a
mpl::list, but switched to a mpl::vector because some operations
weren't supported otherwise.) I think my needs are "impractical";
the numbered-form lists stop at around 50, and I'll need to go to
nearly 70 (until 128-bit types come forth). How do you concatenate
lists, hopefully so I wouldn't have to change the code that expects a
"normal" sized list?

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie