From: Ákos Maróy (akos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-21 06:57:14

Hi,

This is probably a lame question, but I have some open issues I don't
know how are handled in contemporary C++ style, for example with using
boost coding convetions. I've been using the CamelCase naming convention
from Java recently, where the issues below are non-issues actually. for
example:

- how do I create an instance of the same name as its type?

in CamelCase:

class Foo;

Foo foo;

in C++:

class foo;

foo foo; // won't compile

what's the solution here? add some prefix to the instance's name?

- how do I declare accessor functions to private members?

in Java / CamelCase:

class Foo {
     private int bar;
     public int getBar() { return bar; }
};

in C++:

class foo {
private:
     int bar;
public:
     int bar() const { return bar; } // won't compile
};

should I put some prefix to the private member's name?

Sorry for the lame questions :) But I just want to follow the guideline
of 'in Rome, do as the Romans do' :)

Akos