From: Ruediger Berlich (ruediger.berlich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-26 12:38:15

Hi Michiel,

Michiel Helvensteijn wrote:
> I was surprised not to find an XML parser/generator library in boost. Or
> is it hidden somewhere?
>
> Is it planned for a future release, perhaps?
>
> In the meantime, can anyone recommend another open source C++ XML library
> I can use (with DOM parser)?
>
> Thanks!

>From personal experience I'd suggest to use libxml2 . It's quite portable
and under an MIT license, hence there are practically no restrictions to
the environment you want to use it in.

If it is persistence and/or serialization you're after, have a look at
Robert Ramey's serialization library, part of Boost. Among other
representations, classes can also be transformed into XML (and of course
vice versa) with it.

I've used libxml2 in the past to do my own serialization framework but find
Robert's library to be generally far more usable (and, in a way,
standard) ;-)

Best Regards,
Ruediger