From: Pascal Kesseli (pascal_kesseli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-30 07:28:34

Hi everyone

When trying to compile the serialization library for my Montavista embedded
computer, I am getting a strange error message concerning boost
spirit/core/primitives/numerics.hpp stating that struct result in
sign_parser has already been defined before.

Back then, I couldn't deny that fact, as result is already defined in
sign_parser's superclass parser, so I renamed the struct in the subclass to
tresult and the library compiled fine.

Currently, I am asking myself what influence such a change might have on the
running program. I am having unexplainable SIGABRT signals appearing and
killing my program, thus I suspect my change was not that mere after all.

Is there a better workaround I could use to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your replies and best regards
Pascal Kesseli

PS: g++ --version is for my compiler:
g++ (GCC) 3.4.3 (MontaVista 3.4.3-25.0.30.0501131 2005-07-23)
Dies ist freie Software; die Kopierbedingungen stehen in den Quellen. Es
gibt KEINE Garantie; auch nicht für VERKAUFBARKEIT oder FÜR SPEZIELLE
ZWECKE.

PPS: The compiler error message (quite self-explanatory, even though having
some german phrases in it):
Building file: ../xml_grammar.cpp
Invoking: GCC C++ Compiler
g++ -O0 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF"xml_grammar.d" -MT"xml_grammar.d"
 -o"xml_grammar.o" "../xml_grammar.cpp"
In file included from ../basic_xml_grammar.ipp:22,
                 from ../xml_grammar.cpp:63:
/usr/local/xscale_be/bin/../target/usr/include/boost/spirit/core/primitives/numerics.hpp:122:
Fehler: Deklaration von »template<class ScannerT> struct
boost::spirit::sign_parser::result«
/usr/local/xscale_be/bin/../target/usr/include/boost/spirit/core/parser.hpp:123:
Fehler: steht mit der vorherigen Deklaration »template<class ScannerT>
struct boost::spirit::parser<boost::spirit::sign_parser>::result« in
Konflikt
make: *** [xml_grammar.o] Fehler 1