From: gchen (chengang31_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-03 00:22:54

happybrowndog wrote:
> Is there a way to build a boost python extension using Visual C++ IDE
> instead of bjam? Has anyone done it, and how is it done?

I use VS project to build all boost libraries which are not head-only.

For Boost.Python:

First create a static library (.lib) or dynamic library (.dll) VS project,
add all the .cpp files in 'boost\libs\python\src' to it.

Then open the project properties dialog, add boost and Python
include path in 'C++ -> General', if you choose a static library (.lib),
add a BOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_LIB in 'C++ -> Preprocessor',
if you want choose the output library name, add a
BOOST_PYTHON_NO_LIB too, if it is a dynamic library (.dll), add
the Python lib in 'Linker -> Input'.

You can get the details about these BOOST_PYTHON_XXXX
preprocessors in boost\python\detail\config.hpp.