From: dizzy (dizzy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-08 06:20:28

On Friday 08 August 2008 13:08:57 Andrea Denzler wrote:
> If you send a byte, a byte should arrive.
> If you send a wchar_t it has a different size on different platforms.
> If you send a integer it has different endianess (byte order).
> Maybe this last point is your issue. You have the same problem with file
> formats.

I think he was expecting that binary_archive is already fixed/portable binary
layout. Apparently not (that is news for me too).

As for the other mentioned portable archive, I'm curious about integral
encoding efficiency, Google's Protocol Buffers seem to be very efficient in
that regard (both in bytes used for representation but also encoding/decoding
operations speed)
http://code.google.com/apis/protocolbuffers/docs/encoding.html

--
Mihai RUSU					Email: dizzy_at_[hidden]