From: Ruediger Berlich (ruediger.berlich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-08 14:52:38

Hi there,

from what I can see, neither the trunk nor the release branch of the
upcoming 1.36 release have applied a fix to an issue in the date_time
library, that was raised twice on the Boost mailing lists (once by Lothar
Werzinger, once by me) and also submitted via the bug tracker (#2091).

It is currently not possible to compile date_time-based programs with gcc
4.3.1 without applying a (slight) modification to a date_time header. I
would assume that the problem appears with other gcc 4.3-compilers as well
(at least Fedora Core 9 and OpenSUSE 11 use 4.3.x compilers).

Lothar suggested an easy fix which, from what I can see, could not have any
side-effects.

It suffices to change line 161 of the file
<Boost-Root>/boost/date_time/tz_db_base.hpp from

typedef dst_adjustment_offsets<time_duration_type> dst_adjustment_offsets;

typedef boost::date_time::dst_adjustment_offsets<time_duration_type>
dst_adjustment_offsets;

This change will affect two occurances of dst_adjustment_offsets in the same
function only.

Could this still be applied to the release candidate ? It would help a lot!

In any case thanks,
Ruediger