From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-11 03:30:52

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 11:57 PM, joel falcou <joel.falcou_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Basically I want to make a concept which
> represents class that supports the result_of protocol, ie exposes either a
> result_type or a result inner class. So my first idea was to see if a
> given type have either of this inner elements.

I tried to make something I called result_of_defined a while back,
which I think tried to accomplish something like what you're
mentioning:
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/SOC/2007/signals/boost/dataflow/signals/connection/detail/result_of_defined.hpp

The test for that was:
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/SOC/2007/signals/libs/dataflow/test/signals/test_result_of_defined.cpp

At some point I gave up, because I never really got to understand all
the details of result_of, and I started to suspect that what I wanted
to do was not fully possible. I haven't been running the above test
for a while so I don't remember what all was passing at the time I
left it, but maybe the result_of_defined code will be of some use to
you as a reference.

Regards,

Stjepan