From: Emil Dotchevski (emil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-10 22:00:56

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Alan M. Carroll
<amc_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I greatly prefer intrusive_ptr to shared_ptr, but one drawback of that is there is no equivalent of weak_ptr. I have started work on a class to do that and my biggest question, honestly, was what to name it.

Have you considered the allocator support in shared_ptr? It makes it
possible to allocate the control block in the same memory block as the
managed object. Between this and the aliasing support in shared_ptr,
I've found intrusive_ptr's use rather limited.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.