From: Roman Perepelitsa (roman.perepelitsa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-13 04:53:33

Ákos Maróy <akos <at> maroy.hu> writes:
> I'm looking at the portable_binary_archive contents you pointed me to,
> and it seems to be a bit problematic. I see it was written by people
> mostly using MS Visual Studio (I guess from the #pragma once line), and
> it seems the code through a lot of warnings under gcc. a lot of signed /
> unsigned comparison warnings for example, or checking if an unsigned
> value is negative. (it also checks on the BOOST_VERSION macro without
> including boost/versio.hpp).

I see. I suppose you are right, original author used this code only
with MSVC.

> I wonder how stable this code is, and if it is really used among
> multiple systems. Are you actually using this code?

I don't. Cross-platform binary serialization is requested/discussed
quite frequently on boost-users mailing list and as far as I know,
there are only 2 implementations available: one in the file fault
and another one in serialization/examples, former being superior.
That's why I pointed you to the version from file vault.

For more info you might want to search boost-users archive for
more info or contact the author of the code (Christian
Pfligersdorffer <christian.pfligersdorffer at eos.info>).

Roman Perepelitsa.