From: Jesse Perla (jlp400_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-13 08:21:05

>You can google, e.g.

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/html/math_toolkit/>backgrounders/remez.html<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/html/math_toolkit/backgrounders/remez.html>

>Regards,
>Olaf

Thanks,
Since I found these in the sandbox, I was worried that these were partially
completed components that snuck into the build.

So here are a few documentation organization suggestions that might clear up
confusion:
* If we follow the documentation down from the top level on boost, these
were hard to find. For example, on the main math page:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/math/doc/html/index.html you need
to go to the "Special Functions" section, which is named (properly) for all
of the arctan, etc. and you wouldn't think it would have basic
optimization/root finding/polynomials. The Special Functions section does
link to the "Math Toolkit" which makes sense as a master name.
* Perhaps the easiest solution would be to have another line in the
"libraries" section on
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/math/doc/html/index.html that
mentions basic root finding/optimization and links to this same page

But now that I see these pages say that these are in testing/development, I
think my main question still stands: Are these (relatively) stable and
usable or are they still at a pretty low level of completion?

-Jesse