From: Sébastien Fortier (sebastien.fortier_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-13 11:52:35

the install rule is explained here.

http://www.boost.org/doc/tools/build/doc/html/bbv2/tasks/installing.html

So basically in your Jamfile you define an install rule so that when you
do bjam install, it wil copy the built files to specific locations.

In my project I have the folowwing setup

Jamroot
    [contains general info + custom help]
    ExeDir
       Jamfile
       [contains info on exe target + install for the exe]
    Library1Dir
       Jamfile
       [contains info on exe target + install for the library]
    Library2Dir
       Jamfile
       [contains info on exe target + install for the library]

take a look a the boost distribution folder...

[snip]

Sébastien Fortier

p.s. I'm not sure but I think you should adress these questions to the
boost build mailing list.