From: Emil Dotchevski (emil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-13 13:00:19

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Anteru
<newsgroups_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just upgrade to Boost 1.36, and while I'm not using Boost::exception, it
> gets included somewhere (gotta investigate that). That's no problem, but as
> my project does not use RTTI, but Boost::exception does, I'm getting
> warnings that the typeid() operator is used.

A small piece of Boost Exception is integrated in
boost::throw_exception, so any Boost library that throws exceptions
introduces this dependency by default.

To disable the Boost Exception integration in boost::throw_exception,
#define BOOST_EXCEPTION_DISABLE. Because Boost Exception requires
RTTI, #defining BOOST_NO_TYPEID has the same effect.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.