From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-16 09:20:55

Sean Farrow wrote:
> Hi:
> Wioll I need to rebuild python, to build with borland compilers or not?

I don't think you stand any chance of recompiling Python with any
Borland/CodeGear compiler without a significant porting effort. However
this is not necessary if you don't need to use Boost.Python. It should
be sufficient to either add a user-config.jam file to your home
directory or modify the une under tools\build\v2 and add a line like the
following:

using borland : 5.9.3 : "C:/Program Files/CodeGear/RAD
Studio/5.0/Bin/bcc32" ;

One place to look for Borland/CodeGear specific Boost information is
http://bcbboost.sourceforge.net , but there's nothing there about 1.36 yet.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Nicola