From: Isaac Lascasas (pisiiki3_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-17 12:27:35

Hello I have the following question:

If you want to make a program that will let the user write "scripts" directly in c++, how will you do it? I am strugling my mind these days looking for a solution to this problem and I want to know if boost already address this situation. My intuition tells me that the process will probably consist on invoking bjam to build a dynamic lib with the "script" and then call the built code in the host binary. But how can this be done keeping it portable and clean? Obviously it won't work if you don't have a build environment configured but anyway it may be a very interesting feature.

Regards,

Isaac Lascasas.