From: Mike Marchywka (marchywka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-17 16:51:43

> As far as a full scripting environment for C++, there are full libraries that do this - but you'd have a tough time persuading me that Python or another actual scripting language (perhaps with Boost.Python) wasn't a better solution. I guess if all you have is a hammer...

I don't have any idea what these things do but the problem I often run into is reasonable
time performance, usually due to memory access patterns when I exceed physical memory
limits. PERL is great if bash doesn't work but sometimes both can get very slow.
( I have found various tricks, such as an "irrelevant" call to bash sort prior to doing
anything as this can prevent thrashing later but IIRC )
I usually just end up taking a single include file for my homebrew command line interface
and write a one page c++ program that is usually just an STL container or a special relative ( something
that knows my memory access patterns and only supports a subset of, say, vector )
and some specialized processing ( sometimes odd floating point or string processing)
that is probably hard to generalize for a compiled, non-general purpose language.

> Jeremy Pack
> http://boost-extension.blogspot.com

Get ideas on sharing photos from people like you. Find new ways to share.
http://www.windowslive.com/explore/photogallery/posts?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Photo_Gallery_082008