Date: 2008-08-18 03:14:43

Hi Beman,
Beman Dawes wrote:
> I suspect you got a stale version from some (SourceForge?) cache.
>
> I tried (and failed) to reproduce the problem by downloading and
> unpacking boost_136_0.tar.bz2 from SourceForge, and then clicking down
> to the Alphabetic library listing, then clicking Asio. It worked fine.

that is very strange. I've just tried the third sourceforge mirror (two
in europe and the last one in new york) and tried a different format
(7z) but still end up at
http://www.boost.org/regression-logs/cs-win32_metacomm/doc/html/boost_asio.html

when I click on asio in
file:/// ... boost_1_36_0/libs/libraries.htm#Alphabetically

BTW, the checkout from the svn repository also shows the same behaviour.

If you look at
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/tags/release/Boost_1_36_0/doc/html/boost_asio.html
you see that it contains the same odd redirection.

Is there any postprocessing done in the release process so that the
documentation contained in the release package is different from what is
checked in?

And is there any place I get a working copy from?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards

Hajo