From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-19 04:44:11

Peter Klotz wrote:
> You are right. We use VC8 with a hotfix for the stream memory leak.
> For several reasons an upgrade to SP1 is not an option.
>
> The trunk version of usinstances.cpp still does not compile. I obtain
> the same error as in 1.36.0. When applying my patch it leads to the
> linker error which the workaround should prevent.

Grrrr :-(

As a quick and dirty fix, you could try uncommenting the define:

// #define BOOST_REGEX_NO_EXTERNAL_TEMPLATES

in boost/regex/user.hpp and rebuild everything.

Can you let me have the value of _MSC_FULL_VER for the compiler, plus the
explicit instantiations at the end of <xstring> (the section that starts #if
defined(_DLL_CPPLIB) && !defined(_M_CEE_PURE)).

Ah wait, I see I didn't patch usinstances.cpp in SVN, only
wc_regex_traits.cpp, so maybe give that one a try as well? If the problem
is fixed there, then I think I know what to do to usinstances.cpp.

Thanks for your help, and hopefully we can get this fixed!

John.