From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-21 07:33:59

Gary Fu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The simple test program a.cpp below has no problem to compile on linux g++,
> but failed on AIX xlC compiler. Does any one know if the problem is
> related to the xlC compiler or the ptr_list.hpp file ?

[...]

The trunk is tested against XL C/C++ V9.0.0.3, see
http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/summary.html for
reference.

The release branch is not tested for this compiler, but I don't see any
specific reason why the results should differ much from the current trunk
results. Especially
http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/ptr_container.html
shows that at least ptr_list should work with this compiler.

Which version of the compiler are you using? You probably need to update
your compiler.

HTH, Markus