From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-21 08:30:48

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 02:06, Sachin Garg <schngrg_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> While i++ works, i+7 doesn't works as basic_path::iterator does not
> implements advance(). Is there some specific reason for not having it?

I suspect it's simply that it wasn't included in the TR proposal,
wanting to leave open different options for implementations.

I have a feature request for an "uncomplete" function in; Would you be
happy with something like this instead?

    complete( uncomplete(i, input_base_path), output_path);

Where input_base_path would be the first 7 components of your
input_path. (I'm guessing that the 7 comes from some other path,
rather than being hard-coded somehow.)

Hoping to find a new use case,
~ Scott