From: Hansi (hansipet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-22 02:36:03

Robert Ramey schrieb:
> Probably something else needs to be explicitly instantiated. Perhaps
>
> template void A::serialize(boost::archive::polymorphic_iarchive& ar,
> const unsigned int file_version);
> template void A::serialize(boost::archive::polymorphic_oarchive& ar,
> const unsigned int file_version);
>
> Look at the demos. One of them addresses this problem - though
> not through shared_ptr.
>
> Robert Ramey

I have class A explicitly instantiated. The strange thing is that the
linker error is allways that I don't have a instantiation with
binary_oarchive and binary_iarchive. I think it has something to do,
that in some other project headers the binary_oarchive is used and for
that the BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT(B) makes also a definition for
binary_oarchive(Regarding to the documentation an autodetect of the
included headers is made). But why this has influences on the
definitions for A?

Best regards
Hansjörg