From: Scott Morgan (blumf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-22 18:16:02

<mailto:blumf_at_[hidden]>> wrote:

> The Program Options lib is listed in the documentation as header
only, but I'm getting error messages when attempting to build against it.

> In particular it's complaining about not having
'libboost_program_options-vc71-sgd-1_36.lib'

> It's a lib and dependent on your linker settings it is either linked
statically or as a shared library (DLL).

Ah, that's not what the docs say:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_36_0

> Program Options
>
> The program_options library allows program developers to obtain
program options, that is (name, value) pairs from the user, via
conventional methods such as command line and config file.

> Author(s)
> Vladimir Prus
> First Release
> 1.32.0
> Standard
>
> Build & Link
> Header only

Similarly the 'Getting Started' page doesn't list it as needing to be
pre-built.

Should I file a bug report for that?

Scott