From: Daniel Krügler (dsp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-28 01:59:13

Brenda Orlin wrote:
> I am trying to use Boost version 1.36 with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
> When I try to include the thread library, I get all kinds of compile
> errors. One example is:
> Error 1 error C2632: 'float' followed by 'float' is illegal C:\Program
> Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\windef.h 155

Please check whether (a) your own code or (b) third-party code that you
include (not boost) does something like:

#define FLOAT float

In case of (a): Don't do that.
In case of (b): Trash the included library. If you can't: Do something
like:

#undef FLOAT

*before* including any windows header and boost header (because the last
one can include windows headers) after inclusion of the third-party
code. This can influence the behavior of the third-party tool, so
you possibly need to completely separate this third-party tool header
from others (own translation unit).

HTH & Greetings from Bremen,

Daniel Krügler