From: Daniel Krügler (dsp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-28 10:33:41

[This is my third attempt to replies - hopefully it gets into the group]

Brenda Orlin wrote:
> I am trying to use Boost version 1.36 with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
> When I try to include the thread library, I get all kinds of compile
> errors. One example is:
> Error 1 error C2632: 'float' followed by 'float' is illegal C:\Program
> Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\windef.h 155

This is not an error, for which boost is responsible. Either your
own code or code, which you include, contains a macro definition
similar to

#define FLOAT float

If this is your's: Don't do that. Either get rid of the corresponding
code (through it away or isolate it into a separate translation unit)
or try (but this is a dangerous thing) to

#undef FLOAT

before including any header that might include <windef.h> (including
those from boost).

HTH & Greetings from Bremen,

Daniel Krügler