From: gast128 (gast128_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-28 16:39:38

Sephiroth <sephiroth82 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello
> I'm new to boost and c++. I wanted to know where I can find the
> settings for Visual Studio 2003.
> Expecially the linking additional dependencies.
> Thank for the help
>
> Chris

To get things work in vc 7.1:
1) build the libraries
2) specify the boost root as include path in vstudio (tools, options, select
projects folder in the dialog, select vc++ directories, 'show directies for'
and add the the boos root path)
3) make sure thta a path setting to lib and dll's is added to the windows
environment (or copy everything to 1 outut directory).

I 've made an article about these steps:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/tips/Building_boost_libraries.aspx, but I should
update it for boost 1.35 and vstudio 2008