From: gast128 (gast128_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-29 04:23:44

Robert Jones <robertgbjones <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 10:16 AM, gast128 <gast128 <at> hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> this is yet another post on multi_array. It seems possible that the
> multi_array's are resizable (using default construction :( ). However we have
> no the problem that a specific row should be removed (which is not
necessarily
> the last row). Using the resize option it seems not possbile. Am I correct?
>
> That seems to be functionality out of sympathy with the spirit of arrays.
Ifan 'array' is meant to be a managed analogue of C-style arrays, is a
rowdelete capability really appropriate?This is functionality one would expect
to see in a 'multi-vector', I think.- Rob.-- ACCU - Professionalism in
programming - http://www.accu.org

We use is as some sort of underlaying matrix data structure. I wasn't aware of
the 'array' nature of multi_array (although it is already in the name :) ). I
always interpreted multi_array as n-dimensional matrix.