From: lakers fan (lakersfan74_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-30 06:41:52

Hello,
      I have an application in which I created an io_service object in the main thread of the application. Then I created a listener object (listener socket class), this class creates a new worker thread and waits for incoming messages. First I created listener socket in the context of the main thread and called async_receive_from() so that io_service has something to work, and then I called io_service.run() in the worker thread. But the run() returned immediately. So I tried creating the socket in the worker thread and called async_receive_from() and then called io_service.run(). Again run() returned immeidately with boost::system::error_code's m_val = 0.

Can someone point me in the right direction? i m kind of clueless..

Thanks,
Bharani
Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger. Find out how.
http://www.windowslive.com/explore/messenger?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_yahoo_082008