From: Matthieu Brucher (matthieu.brucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-01 15:40:52

2008/9/1 Daryle Walker <darylew_at_[hidden]>:
> On Aug 30, 2008, at 2:33 PM, Matthieu Brucher wrote:
>
>> Meanwhile, I investigated the matter a little further. This symbole is
>> defined in the Boost unit test framework library, so it should have
>> been included in the object file. May it be a Visual Studio issue ?
>> Was Boost 1.36 tested with Visual Studio 2008 SP1 ?
>>
>> On a side note, there is no multi-file Boost.Test example.
>
> Look at my MD5 code in the sandbox SVN,
> <http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/md5/libs/coding/test>, for
> tests the span multiple files. (The three MD5-related test files are
> supposed to be compiled together. The Adler-32 test file is separate.)

Thanks, I'll try that right away.

> Did you make sure that the BOOST_TEST_DYN_LINK and BOOST_TEST_MODULE macros
> are the current names?

I think so, I found them in the documentation. But the error occurs
without them as well (although it obviously complains about the
missing main() function).

 All sorts of names within Boost.Test have changed
> over the years, so make sure you're up to date when upgrading your Boost
> setup. Also, the list of mandatory source files has changed over the years,
> so make sure your upgraded project file isn't missing a source file that was
> added since boost 1.34.1. (Look in "BOOST_ROOT/libs/test/src" for the
> files, and "BOOST_ROOT/libs/test/build/Jamfile.v2" to see the lists of which
> sub-libraries use which source files. You need to look at the unit-test
> sub-library's list.)

I've used bjam to compile Boost, so there should not be any missing
file. Besides, there are too many functions with the same name, not
not enough.

Thanks for the answer, I was becoming desperate !

Matthieu

--
French PhD student