Subject: Re: [Boost-users] cross-platfrom binary serialization?
From: Pfligersdorffer, Christian (Christian.Pfligersdorffer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-05 09:45:07

Bo Peng on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 5:09 PM:

>> I do not think
>> I want to be the one who tries to satisfy everybody. That's a
>> daunting task...
>
> I will use your version of portable binary archive as long as
> there is a way to test its compatibility with the underlying
> system... Just something like "whoops, this system is not
> IEEE754 compatible so archives created on this system will not be
> portable".

It's not straight forward to do such a test but I will have a look at it
for the next release. Johan Rade does a classication of floating point
formats in his fp_utilities. I'll see if I can use that.

Regards,

--
Christian Pfligersdorffer
Software Engineering