Subject: [Boost-users] wrap native C++ DLL used Boost libs, into .NET
From: aidforsoft_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-09-05 02:47:08

Hello!

I need to use a DLL used Boost, in .NET projects.
I wrapped this lib, but I cannot use the wrapping, because
          System.BadImageFormatException
          (is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1))
raises at once, if I executing an
application using the wrap.

Wrap scheme: Native DLL --- .NET Class Library --- .NET Project.
I'm wrapping every class in native DLL into .NET class. I using some
principles from the "Expert C++/CLI: .NET for Visual C++ Programmers"
by Marcus Heege.

When I wrote a small test project, I discovered that if I only include
anyone Boost header into native DLL, it set the
System.BadImageFormatException permanently.
Without Boost wrapping works perfectly.

I use:
Boost 1.35.0
Visual Stidio 2005 SP1, 2008 - same results in all cases.
Windows XP SP2 x86.

I found same problems in Internet - impossible to wrap native DLLs, used
Boost. All this problems were unsolved.
Such as: http://objectmix.com/dotnet/121318-not-valid-win32-application-exception-hresult-0x800700c1.html

--
Best regards,
Ilya Chumakov                          mailto:aidforsoft_at_[hidden]