Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Cannot statically link to Boost.Filesystem
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-05 11:08:25

AMDG

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Oh, good. Do you have a minimal testcase to reproduce this?
> And, what is the exact error message? Is boost_system not linked at
> all, or it's linked in a regular way, and then autolink tries
> to also link to it and cannot find the import library?

It is not linked on the command line. Auto-link tries to find it.
If I disable autolinking manually (using cxxflags), I get linker errors.

I'm not sure that this is a bug.
The parts of filesystem defined in the headers depend on the
Boost.System library,
thus the executable depends directly on Boost.System, not just through
the filesystem library. Do we want the use of the filesystem library to
force
the import library for Boost.System to be used?

On the other hand, does it cause any problems to add an extra import
library that isn't needed? Or is the correct solution to add
usage-requirements
to Boost.Filesystem explicitly.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe