Subject: [Boost-users] [program_options] Specific sections for options - lack of documentation
From: Ken Johnson (othojunk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-05 13:08:48

I have absolutely loved the program_options library, and thank those who developed it so well and comprehensive. I love the config file parsing, but am confused on how to implement specific sections. The documentation speaks of parsing through sections of the config file on the following page.

Library Overview --> Specific parsers --> Configuration file parser
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_36_0/doc/html/program_options/overview.html#id3452595

However there is no discussion on how to setup some option that is part of a specific section. How can I do this and how will it affect the command line options? I noticed that boost_1_35_0/boost/program_options/detail/config_file.hpp talks about this functionality a little more.

I appreciate any help with this, and would especially enjoy code snippets that illustrate creating options that belong to a section.