Subject: [Boost-users] Borland c++ 5.8.2 and Boost 1.3.6 - Thread problem???
From: Stephen Kierzewski (sjkninester_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-08 11:46:31

Hello,

Has anyone successfully compiled the Boost libraries with the Borland / Codegear Turbo C++ Pro, compiler version 5.8.2?

I was able to build the libraries but I got a lot of errors and a simple Hello World program using boost::thread will not work.

Any help on switches or tweaks I can do to get Boost to work would be appreciated.

Here is the program I am compiling and the error I get when running it. I am linking to the debug version of the multi-threaded DLL (boost_thread-bcb-mt-d-1_36.dll)

The sample program compiles fine but when I run it I get an assertion error and the program terminates.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thank you,
Stephen

________________________________

Assertion failed: p_ != 0, file .\boost/intrusive_ptr.hpp, line 149

Abnormal program termination

________________________________

#include <boost/thread/thread.hpp>
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

void hello_world()
{
cout << "Hello world, I'm a thread!" << endl;
}

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
// start a new thread that calls the "hello_world" function
boost::thread my_thread(&hello_world);
// wait for the thread to finish
my_thread.join();

return 0;