Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [multi_index_container] push_back?
From: JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-09 12:33:48

De: boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden] [boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]] En nombre de Robert Jones [robertgbjones_at_[hidden]]
Enviado el: martes, 09 de septiembre de 2008 15:58
Para: boost-users_at_[hidden]
Asunto: Re: [Boost-users] [multi_index_container] push_back?

> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Ovanes Markarian <om_boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > It depends on what your container consists of. Ordered Index allows only
> > insert. If it would support sequenced or random access policies you would
> > have the push_back member.
>
> Ahh! Got it, great - just added a first index of sequenced and off we go!

Remember that adding indices doesn't come for free in terms of
space and time efficiency:

http://www.boost.org/libs/multi_index/doc/performance.html

So you should consider whether adding a sequenced index just to have
push_back is worth the while.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo