Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization] broken in 1.36
From: gast128 (gast128_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-15 10:45:42

Robert Ramey <ramey <at> rrsd.com> writes:

> Hmm - it would be wrong if DataPtr was the base class part of derived class
> pointer. Perhaps the warning is over-zealous - would have to think about
> this.

ok. In the mean time I will disable it with BOOST_DISABLE_STATIC_WARNINGS.

Btw these warnings and errors probably have to do getting metadata information
from c++ datatypes? In .NET I was surprised that it was so easy to binary-
serialize an object structure even one containign graph cycles. But now I am
probably offending a lot of readers here...