Subject: [Boost-users] Cross-Compile Boost for Embedded Linux
From: Richard Ketcham (rich.ketcham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-16 10:00:50

Hi everyone,

Here is my question: what do I have to do to cross-compile boost with
this compiler? Right now, the libraries and files associated with
threading are the most important to me.

I am starting to work with boost at the behest of a coworker. My goal
is to get boost compiled for an embedded linux environment. My current
setup includes my desktop running Ubuntu which also hosts the
buildroot for the embedded linux environment. I have downloaded
boost_1_36_0.tar.bz2 and have extracted it to
/usr/local/boost_1_36_0/. For the sake of simplicity, let's say that
the compiler for the embedded linux environment resides at
.../staging_dir/bin/arm-linux-gcc-4.1.1

Thanks in advance for your help.
Rich

--
There is nothing more practical than a good theory.
James Maxwell