Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [EnableIf?] Seeking an example....
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-17 08:29:35

Robert Jones wrote:
> Somewhere in the Boost headers, or maybe the Boost documentation I have seen a
> bit of code which uses SFINAE, and also possibly the enable_if header
> to select either
> a find class method or find global template depending on what's available.

That's compile-time detection of whether the object has some member
function with a given signature or not. You can detect mostly everything
but constructors and member-only operators, actually.

It's too bad there isn't a Boost library to do just that. It's true that
with concepts, though, it becomes less useful.
There are probably bits in some places in Boost but I never knew where
they were.