Subject: [Boost-users] Can boost::interprocess be somehow used to implement Solaris door functionality ?
From: Kartik Mahajan (kartik.mahajan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-19 03:17:28

Hi

I have been using Solaris DOORS in my project which is now being ported to
Linux. I am extremely sorry if this is not the place to post this thread but
all I am asking is " is there any boost library to make this thing possible
".

I have downloaded boost 1.36 and there is this library called
boost::interprocess . Can it in anyway be used to implement functioning
similar to Solaris DOORS ?

Here is what I want to do:

Process 1 passes arguments to process to using a function say
f1(arguments).. in Solaris it is called door_call. The function is executed
in the process2 and then return values returned. When this happens, the
process 1 returns.

I don't need any ready made package etc to do this but I am just asking for
suggestions as what would be the best way to implement this ?

I just need some suggestions as boost is the place for expert library
designers and I want to do it in the best possible way so as to learn. I am
asking suggestions because I guess this thing would take time and I don't
want to go in the wrong direction first and then get the right way. So
that's why this thread.

Thanks for your patience.

Sorry if this is not the place to post this query.

Thanks & Regards

Kartik Mahajan