Subject: Re: [Boost-users] offtopic: std C++ / STL / boost-friendly UI framework?
From: Lang Stefan (SLang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-19 04:27:52

Umm, just out of interest, what *is* Wascana supposed to be? The site just calls it "Desktop Developer" and while it does mention Eclipse I'm not at all clear how it's related. I've jumped around the site but wasn't able to locate any explanation of what it really is. It does mention that it 'incorporates' (among other things) wxWidget and intends to 'incorporate' boost, but what is 'incorporate' supposed to mean? JRE is listed as well (but also gdb), so again I'm wondering what is this thing?

As an aside, last I looked Eclipse was Java only, so why would Wascana be of help for C++ development when it's aimed at Eclipse (or so I understand it for now)

Sorry if I'm being dumb, the issue interests me for private purposes and I've got to admit I'm a bit out of touch with UI development tools atm.

Stefan