Subject: Re: [Boost-users] App will not run when linked to boost thread library
From: David Philp (david.philp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-22 19:26:12

On 22/09/2008, at 5:44 PM, kittymaguire wrote:

> Hi
>
> I used otool to get the following dependencies

... snip

> I assume that because no path is given, that the boost lib should go
> in the
> same folder as the libHOMEServices.dylib, but placing it in that
> folder the
> application still does not start.

I don't know about that. The loader will have to be able to find it
one way or another.

Can you run the application from the command line, and describe the
error message (if any). If the problem is that the loader can't find
the libraries, you will see a useful message. Otherwise you are
probably barking up the wrong tree with otool.

Also you might have a look in the logs---start up Console.app and look
in system.log.

> If I do not link with the boost libraries, then the application
> starts.

Are you using bjam? I think that's the problem.