Subject: Re: [Boost-users] PDF Documentation
From: Dustin Spicuzza (dustin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-25 11:43:23

Dustin Spicuzza wrote:

>> One way to test your setup is to cd into libs/math/doc/complex and do a:
>>
>> bjam pdf
>>
>> as I know that works (and doesn't take long to build!)
>>
>> BTW you may find that the FO parser bombs out with out of memory exceptions,
>> you can fix this by either:
>>
>> 1) Changing your JRM settings globally to allow Java to use more memory or
>> 2) Edit the batch file that starts the FO processor (Apache FOP or RenderX's
>> XEP) to invoke Java with a specific memory allowance (I use -Xmx256m in my
>> xep.bat to give XEP 256Mb).
>>
>> HTH, John.

I went back and reinstalled everything again, I must have installed it
incorrectly the first time because I hadn't been getting OutOfMemory
errors from FOP before, but now I am. Looks like increasing the memory
limit to 2GB allowed FOP to work correctly for the one that I wanted to
build for (instrusive), 512MB failed.

It appears that FOP 0.94 has a problem with code sections that are
longer than a page, as it overflows the bottom and cuts it off. Go
figure. See http://www.virtualroadside.com/stuff/intrusive.pdf , page 33
for an example of what I'm talking about. :)

Dustin