Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization]conflictingdeclaration(BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT)
From: Emil Dotchevski (emil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-25 15:10:04

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Emil Dotchevski wrote:
>> There is another problem as well: it is useful to be able to have a
>> function which registers classes to be serialized, then serializes
>> them, then frees all the memory taken by the registration (this is a
>> separate issue, but being able to unregister also allows unloading of
>> dynamic libraries.)
>
> The current library provides a conforming method to "register"
> serialization types on an archive by archive basis. For their
> own reasons, many users have preferred the CLASS_EXPORT
> method with its attendant issues. Its really an issue
> with the way the user has chosen to use the library
> rather than the library itself.

Could you point me to the documentation that describes the alternative
to BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT mechanism to register base/derived types? I
found the void_cast_register function but there should be more to it
since the various templates for serializing user types need to be
instantiated for the different archives, right?

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.