Subject: [Boost-users] boost::asio::write() never returns
From: Jean-Sebastien Stoezel (js.stoezel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-26 09:30:24

Hi,

I use the Boost ASIO library to send TCP packets of about 500k every
minute to a TCP server. I run my application on Windows XP, the server
runs on a UNIX station. I use boost 1.35

While this works well initially, eventually after 4 or 5h the call to
boost::asio::write() never returns, and locks my thread. No exception
is generated.

I checked the RAM resources on my computer when this happens and it
looks like it's stable (I don't think there is any memory leak).

If I were to speculaate on this, I woudl say it looks like the call
suddently becomes blocking for some reason. this being either a TCP
stack being full, or no answer from the server...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Jean